Monday 12 January 2009

D-Day

I can't believe how much this has affected me already. Well, I am assuming it's the change in diet. But it could be the lack of caffeine, the Thai curry we had last night or the lack of sleep because of the storm that passed over the Past last night. Then again, Mondays are generally crap because AJT gets up at 4:30am to catch his flight back to our Future.

I managed to get everything done this morning: the juicing; making the breakfast and the pack lunch. I even had time for a cup of weed tea with cyanide before heading off to 'it that pays the mortgage'.

I was fine for the morning till about 12:30pm when the most immense hunger pangs and headache passed over me and I thought I wouldn't make it til 1pm. Even after lunch i was still pretty drowsy with smarting eyes a fuzzy head. However, a sneaky cup of real tea with real milk helped to soften the 'detox' blow. Believe me, I do know how it sounds to confess as my present vice a single cup of tea. The again, I find myself looking back at the vices that I have had over the years and thinking that I have had enough for many lifetimes and a break should do me good.

Dinner was pretty good: Pan seared paprika dusted monk fish with broccolli and quinoa with herbs. Not exactly Hospital Road standards but comforting none the less. The thing about quinoa is that about a gram of the stuff makes enough for 10 people. So, I have leftovers for tomorrow lunch and dinner - yum!

I think it will be chicken tomorrow night. I need something with a good deal of criminalisation so I can pretend it's sugar. On the subject of sugar - no real cravings yet. But i did have the distant memory of a Jaffa cake pass over me in the afternoon. Like a fragrant ectoplasm. Strange, since I haven't had a Jaffa cake for years.

Starting to feel a bit odd again. I am now wondering if it is one (or all) of the meds I am on that is causing this. I would guess it is the pro-biotics, but hey, I'm no expert!

Time for a nice cup of real tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment