Thursday 15 January 2009

You'll be used to shopping at Harvey Nick's!

I didn't manage to post last night because i went shopping with a friend to a discount supermarket. My first time to this particular store. Not because i am a snob, mainly because i don't have a car so i do most of my shopping locally - how green am i?! Killer Queen, my friend, has a car so she suggested a trip after work. I was amazed at the variety of stuff and found many things to pop in the trolley. I even came away with some quick-fix trays of vegetables with only butter and salt as additives - great emergency rations from the freezer. I told people at 'it that pays the mortgage' where i had been the previous night and even they (who are regular patrons) were amazed that i managed to spend 55 bucks on stuff.

I think i am going to change my eating times. I am going to do this because i can't make it between breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner. Roughly 5 hours between meals. Today i had some salmon and quinoa salad at noon then some soup at 2:30pm and i will have the last of the salad before i go home or take it home with me to have there. I think the food i am eating is burning up quicker because it is not full of sugar. Although the quinoa has carbohydrate in it, it seems to burn off quicker. I do feel better but i am still pretty tired and groggy most of the time.

I fantasise about protein these days. Thought i would be desperate for chocolate or bread not lamb chops or steak or roast chicken or grilled fish... I (we) have decided to visit a chain restaurant at the weekend. They do roast chicken marinated in different sauces. I've checked out the menu and it looks do-able. Killer Queen went last weekend so i got all the skinny on it to make sure i wasn't going to die. Die of pleasure that is...

Tonight, I am going to treat myself to a steak from my local butcher; accompanied by baked sweet potatoes and a crunch fennel salad.
One has to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment